Winning entry for an international design competition, developed in collaboration with EndresWare.
Two 700 foot long curved pedestrian bridges were proposed to be hung from an existing trussed arch bridge over the Ohio River in Pittsburgh, PA. The existing bridge was built in 1932 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The attachment was to be made with stay cables extending from one edge of the new decking up to the existing arch. The new structures were to be an iteration of the “ring cable” structural scheme with a large leap in maximum span length.
Role: Project Engineer with Ammann & Whitney